RE: ATX/IR

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: ATX/IR
  • From: "Ian B" <Ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 10:39:13 +0100

If you want a controllable solution e.g. one code for on then off (as in press on then release) and another that would press and hold the power button for 4+ seconds then a PIC, TSOP and relay would do the trick. I have been looking at learning codes and then doing pre-programmed actions when those codes are received for my new interest in robotics. It would be easy to modify one of the boards to do what you want BUT - I am looking at something else at the moment and doubt if this would get a look in till next year.

Alternatively you could cannibalise a device (cheap one of course) and add a relay circuit or

Go down the X10 route. If your BIOS supports start on plugging power use an appliance module else one of the relay closure modules bridged accross the switch wires. You would have to know that the release command had been received though otherwise your button will remain pressed in.

Ian