RE: Kinda On Topic - network question

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Kinda On Topic - network question
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 12:28:41 +0100

Oh and of course one other thing that I forgot to mention - If you have a
switch, you can connect devices in full-duplex mode. This is not possible
with a hub. Thus you can potentially double the available LAN bandwith (i.e
on a 100MB LAN you can have 200MB/sec throughput between devices, as they
can be both transmitting and receiving simultaneously at full speed)

Paul G.