Re: HA Plug

Only two come to mind but I think they generally cover what most people are
trying to achieve.

.. Increased security.
eg
1 lights switching on and off at semi random times whilst your away
should put off most thieves.
2 the ability to view the image from your security camera over the
internet whilst away.
3 being able to see who's coming up your drive/at your door.
.. Convenience.
eg
1 Driveway and porch lighting that turns on when you approach the house.
2 The ability to watch a dvd/video/satelite transmission from your
bedroom without lugging all that extra equipment up there.
3 The ability to access the internet from any room in the house.
4 being able to record your favorite programs without fussing with
tapes.

I think the main point to get across is that although A lot of what people
are doing on this list would be considered my many as high tech and
possibly
nerdish, all of this stuff is just the leading edge of technology that will
one day be common place, like your tv,washing machine, microwave etc.

Alan Shields
alan@xxxxxxx