Re: Entering register data

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Entering register data
  • From: Ian Oliver <ioliver.lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 15:03:26 +0100

Golly, I was expecting to find it hard to find someone and instead I
get loads of responses!  I need to get some stuff together at this end
before we can go ahead, and I'll also type up a more detailed message
of what's needed that I'll send to all who responded.

The job involves reading processor manuals, looking at the register
definitions, and then using our editor to describe the registers. It
isn't straight data entry by any means.  Some of these processors have
some rather complex timers - you don't need to understand them but
there are dozens of registers with complex bit-fields and flags. The
manuals describe them all but cross-referencing may be required at
times.

As we need the job doing for half a dozen processors there's plenty of
work!

Regards

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK
Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire