Re:

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re:
  • From: pmiller@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 12:46:55 +0200

hmm where do I start.

1) the use of the term monochrome suggest to me that the display is in
b&w
not colour as indicated in the piccy.
2) getting hold of a 16Mb Dimm could be kinda fun.
3) even with 20Mb of RAM running WIn95 with the specs provided will
restrict you to the older applications with no upgrade path for the future.
4) the battery consumption figures sound diabolical
5) the recharge figures look worse than the battery consumption figures.
6) 256 colours is rather pitiful to look at for long.

my two peenys worth, I'm sorry I have taken a dislike to the product.

Paul

"Mick
Furlong"             To:     "UKHA Group"
<ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
<dorsai@dirco        cc:
n.co.uk>             Subject:     [ukha_d]

13/09/2001
12:36
Please
respond to
ukha_d

Hi

I am thinking of buying a couple of these EHT 400s (see link) the idea
being
to use them as epod lookalikes, they will run win95 no problem.

http://pos.epson.com/handheld/eht400c/index.shtml

Anyone see any big pitfalls?

Thanks
Mick