Re: New Bios.

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: New Bios.
  • From: Ian Lowe <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 09:56:21 +0100 (BST)

Yes.

If the BIOS update fails, you will almost certainly ruin the
motherboard. Steps to avoid this:

Most upgrade utilities allow you to save the current BIOS before
starting: *ALWAYS* do this. If the BIOS update process gives any
errors, restore the original BIOS.

Do *NOT* whatever you do reboot the PC, until you are sure the new BIOS
is updated correctly. All of the flashing software is *very* clear when
displaying errors.

If you have access to a UPS, make ure syou use it. I have lost a Mobo
in the past because the power went dead part way through a flash
upgrade.

apart from this, I would stress that this process is usually trouble
free!

Ian.

--- UKHA@xxxxxxx wrote: > Hi all

=====
>+++
Ian R Lowe. Director, Wintermute Consultancy Ltd.
e-mail: ian@xxxxxxx
Onward and Upward! Towards Ascension!