RE: OT: Terrorism

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: OT: Terrorism
  • From: "Timothy Morris" <timothy.morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 10:41:18 +0100

Having spent some time in the Army I can predict what will happen...

Whenever an IRA ASU hit a particularly soft target the entire country would
go on alert - BIKINI AMBER is the technical term - it means that all
vehicles are searched going in and out, drivers questioned etc, all
military
personnel check under their cars before getting into them etc.

In addition Special Forces would go into overdrive trying to find out who
was responsible, and once identified, "deal with them".

Some months down the road once things had calmed down, security would be
relaxed, and the whole cycle would repeat itself.

I'm not saying things will be exactly the same here, and I'm sure that
airport security will be increased in North America, but in the end
commercial pressures, and convenience will see security being relaxed
again,
probably not to the extent it was before the disaster, but trust me, it
will
happen.

Unfortunately when you have nutters prepared to die for the cause, there's
no way to prevent all eventualities.

Tim.