Re: OT: Terrorism

Don't know if anyone heard this amongst the reports last night, but the
Clinton gov had Gore heading up a report into American Air safety in this
respect a few years ago.

The reports came back, and the outcome was...

1) beef up external flight security checks
2) bring internal flight security upto external.

It was put to the airlines, and they whined about costs/time. The internal
changes never happened.

All the flights involved yesterday were internal flights.

Some guy from a flight magazine was on channel 4 stated this, and another
guy on the bbc earlier.

Again, big corps put money above safety and our governments fail to force
action to protect us. (Railtrack?)

But hindsight is 20-20 as they say, and given that no sane person would
have
wanted this...

As for reprisals, I can't imagine a form of punishment for such terrorists
that would do justice to what those people suffered. Anything short of
Biological and nuclear to get them handed over if and when they are found
is
ok by me.