Terrorism and comp.home.automation

  • To: "UKHA Group" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Terrorism and comp.home.automation
  • From: "Mick Furlong" <dorsai@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 15:18:57 +0100

Hi

I have just been reading a thread on comp.home.automation about yesterdays
events.

I would assume that most of the posters (many of whom I recognise as
regulars on c.h.a) are a fairly reasonable, middle of the road and fairly
affluent cross-section of the American community just as we are of the UK
community.

The general consensus seems to be take any and all action against anyone
even remotely involved.

Here are some quotes that caught my eye...

"We seem to have several major alternatives.
1.  Wring our hands and do nothing.  The result will surely be more such
attacks.
2.  Search out and arrest the perps.  Same result.
3.  Destroy their bases and rain hell fire on their supporters.  Same
result.
Hmm.  I'll take #3."

"A bitter job must be done.  There will always be Hitler's who take
advantage
of the  "we have to be at fault syndrome".

I noticed that Hitler is not hurting people and most of his countrymen no
longer support his ideals.

If we had avoided him and left  him alive where would we be now ?"

If anyone wants to see the whole thread it is called terrorist attack.

Mick