Re: Old messages back to 7/2000

On Saturday 08 September 2001 21:54 pm, Steve Morgan wrote:
> I have exported my UKHA archive folder to an Access 2000 database. It
> contains nearly 17000 messages going back to June 2000. Some of the
earlier
> ones are digest messages and I don't have any from last week, 'cos I
was
> away and turned off email delivery.
>
> The database contains individual fields for subject, from, body, etc.
It's
> 88MB uncompressed, 13.5MB compressed.
>
> If anyone wants it, I can send it to them.

I'm definatly interested in creating a decent archive for UKHA, using one
of
the existing archive programs though, not writing my own.

It's something I've played with, but not really taken all that seriously,
all
my mailing lists use Pipermail, the default archive program that comes with
Mailman, and that's even worse than Yahoo as it has NO search function
whatsoever.

Any suggestions for a decent mail archive proggy?

--

Stuart Grimshaw <stuart@xxxxxxx>
-