RE: [OT - Very] Tiles

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [OT - Very] Tiles
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 18:58:21 +0100

I've had a similar experience with tile grout ... regrouting tiles where
they were grouted with grout isn't a problem, that is hauled out
beautifully
easily with a normal Plasplugs grout removal tool (A little hooked rake
that
you haul between the tiles) ... regrouting tiles where they have used this
"Fix and grout" adhesive has resulted in my Dremel having a
nervous
breakdown and my *MELTING* several of the grout removal tools for it!

(I have by the way given up on this after only removing the grout from
about
five tiles!)

If you have no compassion for those to come then use the "quick fix
all in
one" products but if there's any possibility of you doing maintainance
or
you want the next people to be able to do a job right then I'd suggest you
use the "proper" way of doing things!

Phil

"flexible"