RE: Something to Make TIVO owners cry.

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Something to Make TIVO owners cry.
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 19:45:47 +0100

> I can expand Tivo to two 100GB drives, or greater if available for the
> cost of the drives,

Does the TIVO have the 137Gb "limit" per drive?

> Customers are very, very confused on the "digital
revolution" recordable
> products and even just plain old DVD as you have VHS, DVD, DVD-RW,
> DVD+RW, PVR and DVD-RAM, to most people it's just some letters for
some
> kind of format and many do not even understand the difference between
> DVD and VHS, so what hope do you have?

Definitely ... my mother-in-law to be is not a silly old woman ... she's an
ex-English teacher with a good grasp of what's going on around her and she
doesn't have a clue what all this digital stuff is about. No one seems to
have actually produced a "This is what is happening and why"
leaflet ... she
was horrified at the weekend when I explained to her that eventually she
would have to go to digital TV because the government have commited to
selling of the UHF TV spectrum and so eventually there would be no more
analogue TV.

Phil