RE: (ukha_d) Re: Off Topic Posts (Again)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: (ukha_d) Re: Off Topic Posts (Again)
  • From: "Jon Whiten" <jon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 17:48:38 -0000

See inserted comments....

Regards,

Jon
http://www.whiten.co.uk/

Me Too...!  In my view the whole point of a public forum is that the
answers
are as interesting to readers as the questions.  I for one would not be to
impressed with a list that contained only questions - think of it the other
way, what if you got 100 replies, all slightly different, to a question you
asked, but without the respondents knowing what each other had said?  That
would be chaos!

> The original idea of putting OT currently in use works to
> identify the chat
> but does not address the issue of members that just want to download
the
> high level HA mails.

If we all try and use [OT] in the subject it would help those that do not
want to read (as opposed to those choosing not to download) these posts to
divert them straight to the Trash Can.

>  Most OT post are born from genuine enquiries
> therefore once it gets to the point where the discussion has diverged
from
> the main topic it would be better to move it to an OT list.  This way
all
> those that like both can set up mail rules to divert both lists into
one
> folder but those not interest can continue to download just the HA
mails.

Banter is what friends do!  We are all friends aren't we?

> A natural extension of this is that everyone joins both lists but only
> switches on mail forwarding on the list they want.  They can then dip
into
> the OT list by looking at the messages directly on Yahoo without
having to
> download them.

I agree with this, but would still rather have things as they are.

> Agree with Stuart G - forums don't work for me either.

SAY NO TO ON-LINE (Web Based) FORUMS - THEY ARE
TOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo.............
SLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooowwwwwww........zzzzzzz!

An alternative for those who are only looking for answers! -- Check the
archive!
====

;oj

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx