Re: Off Topic Posts (Again)

"Mark Hopley" <mhopley@l...> wrote:
> I have been lurking on this group for a little while now and I
> enjoy reading all the posts, even though at times it is hard to keep
> on top of the volume of mail.

I tend not to post very often but do make the effort to trudge through
every posting.  It can be hard to seperate the stuff that interests me
>from
university keeping ontop of the Acorn USENET groups.  I can scan read
very quickly as a result.  Different people will be interested in
different threads.

I don't think many people have any issue with items discussed, but
some can get fed up with the volume of postings.  This is a
problem that most popular lists/newsgroups have.  Spliting groups
is the method that is most often used to reduce volume, but it rairly
ever works, as people forget/don't-no where to post.

The only way I can think of reducing volume would be to avoid
posting lots of the one line replies, to lots of different posts.
I tend to read a whole thread and if I no one else has said
all the things I would then I'll reply, If not, I keep stum.

Rob (Regular reader)

P.S. This is a great group, lets not spoil it by trying to change
it too much.
--
/ ___   / /  /  / __    / _____ HOME: chas@xxxxxxx