Re: Scanners and Windows XP

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Scanners and Windows XP
  • From: paul.murgatroyd@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 00:24:44 -0000

Phil,

Correct me if I am wrong - in which case this email is irrelevant...

You have a UMAX 2200, yes?

goto www.microsoft.com/hcl

type in umax and hit search...

there, in the list is the 2200, with a logo underneath XP, click the=20
name and this is what it says:

UMAX
Astra 2200

Device Notes:

This Device meets the following logo-level classifications:

Windows 98:  No Test Data=20
Windows Me:  No Test Data=20
Windows NT4 x86:  No Test Data=20
Windows 2000:  No Test Data=20
Windows XP:  Basic Compatibility Requirements=20
Windows XP 64-Bit:  No Test Data=20

No additional notes are available at this time.

The logo that is by the side of it has this description:

Indicates that this product may not meet all of the Windows Logo=20
Requirements for the logo program but has been deemed compatible=20
with Windows by the team that developed the operating system and=20
there is a driver available on the Windows Operating System CD.

May be worth having look on that XP CD after all...

If it dont work, then I have the UMAX 3450, with built in=20
transparency doobry and it works fantastically under XP - dont even=20
need to install the UMAX drivers :-)

HTH

P.

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@v...>
wrote:
> Yup ... It's the Win2k drivers that UMAX said don't work ... they=20
have said
> to try fishing around on the WinXP CD for "something that
might=20
work" but I
> guess that was to try to get me off their backs...
>=20
> Phil
I have
> found someone who wants to buy mine and I'll buy a new one!
>=20
>     I quite like those skinny Canon ones but don't know what=20
they're like
> quality wise and whether they work under XP...
>=20
>     Phil
>=20
>=20
>     For more information: http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
>     Post message: ukha_d@y...
>     Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@y...
>=20
>     Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of=20
Service.

For more information: http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx=20