Re: Re: New Searchable Archive of this List

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Re: New Searchable Archive of this List
  • From: Calum Morrell <calum@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 01:12:48 +0000

I'm not especially happy with my email being made open like that, but I
can also see your problems hiding it and I don't want all that hard work
to go to waste. Is it possible to password protect the site? Nothing
fancy would be required, even a single USER/PASS that the group shares
would do, it should be enough to stop bot's trawling it. Any thoughts?

wrote:

>>Nice David... just one thing...
>>
>>"Waits for a bot to hit the site, rip out all our emails and
start

>sending
>
>>us spam..."
>>

>I'm open to suggestions here.  How do folks feel about the issue?  If
>lots of people think visible email addresses is unacceptable, then I
>guess I really better disable the archive immediately, before it is
>trawled.

No please don't :-)

Calum