C-Bus vs X-10 lighting control

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: C-Bus vs X-10 lighting control
  • From: Phil Cole <ukpgc@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: 27 Oct 2001 21:35:49 +0100

Hi,

I'm currently starting a whole house install.  I'm doing cat5 to each
room, but as yet am undecided on how/if to automate the lighting.

What products are available for controlling lighting? (I know X-10
Dimmer modules and C-Bus), but is CeBus or anything worth looking into.

I'm worried about the reliability, and the awkwardness of installing
X-10 dimmer modules (too much mains cable everywhere and I've got
chipboard upstairs and concrete downstairs floors).

I'm worried about the lack of information, cost, and proprietary nature
of C-Bus.

I'm currently erring on the side of C-Bus, but I'd really like some
information, advice or experiences that anybody has had with it.

Thanks

--
Phil
ukpgc@xxxxxxx