Re: James Hoye's Trip

This email was delivered to you by The Free Internet.
http://www.thefreeinternet.net
> Hi Mark, what are the Krone blocks used for?

> I thought you link the wall outlets into the patch-panel as in an
office
environment, I can not think where those Krone block come into the grand
scheme?

> Looks good though,

The data/phone points are terminated in a patch panel.  The other CAT5s are
for control of equipment such as curtains, IR, heating, lighting, CCTV etc.
and are situated next to light switches (Keith used one when he link Mark's
heating up to HV earlier this year), dangling from ceilings (Mark's wife is
SO HA compliant/tolerant) and coiled in voids ready for future use.  Once
these cables are used, these are likely to be permanently 'patched'  and as
such the Krone system works very well.  You're not likely to be moving IR
receivers around very often....

Now, if only Mark had heeded Keith's advice and installed 2 CAT5s next to
*every* socket, he could plug his DDAR into the kitchen....

James H