RE: Brin Sheridan

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Brin Sheridan
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 23:01:00 +0100

On the assumption that I probably got the most emails from this (about 90
in
the end) then I appreciate the "sorry" email but don't beat
yourself up over
it ... a "Sort By" and Select / Shift-Select followed by a
"Delete" sorts
everything...

....just as it does for half the junk I post!

By the way ... is anyone else getting p'd off with all these adverts for
WindowsXP?

Phil

 This
> > explains why the mails seemed to be coming from someone who is
not
> > registered on the group (came form work acct. rather than my
personal
> > acct.).  It also explains why some of you received mails in
response to
> > posts you made before the date outlined in the rule (I downloaded
> > approx. a
> > weeks worth in the one go).
> >
> > Needless to say I arrived into work again yesterday to my mailbox
> > overflowing with abuse from angry people!!!  I am now spending
time
> > apologising to all and sundry (while a PBX I am responsible for
> > serving 250p
> > eople has lost all it's primary rate ISDN's - more abuse).  What
> > have I done
> > to deserve this???
> >
> > Sorry for being so long winded but I reckoned those of you who
> received so
> > much junk deserved an explanation.  If you're not interested in
> apologies
> > you can spam me!!
> >
> > The one lesson to learn from this is never let anyone else who
> > does not know
> > what they are doing have access to your email account,
> particularly if you
> > have copies of your mailbox on  a number of machines in a number
of
> > locations.
> >
> > Once again heartfelt apologies.  I am not a plonker!  Needless to
> > say action
> > has been taken to ensure this type oft hing does not happen
> > again...................!!!!
> >
> > Rgds,
> >
> > Brin Sheridan
> >
> > PS Can I get up off my knees now.....this whole thing is so
bloody
> > embarrassing.  I have threatened my own internal email users in
> work with
> > termination of their email accounts for doing something similar.
> >
> > Also I will let Mark know by "non-junk" mail the
address  I used

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx