Re: Re: Cabling Quickies

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Re: Cabling Quickies
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 17:56:43 +0100

I was given to believe that in order to comply with the EU ruling, bananna
posts merely had to have the hole in the end plugged with a plastic bung
making them unuseable with banana plugs, but still useable as binding
posts.
With a little bit of fiddling with a scalpel it was possible to remove this
bung and get the original banana socket back...

(but that could be total arse of course...)

Paul G.

<Mark.Harrison@e...> wrote:
> > Dan,
> >
> > It's now illegal to sell Banana plugs/sockets in the EU!
> >
> > The problem being, the banana plugs can be pushed into the mains
>feed in
> > one of the EU member countries. As such, the Brussels response is
>to ban
> > them!
> >
> > Mark Harrison
> > Head of Systems, eKingfisher

EMF
> > situations
> > > these days - like... you want to wrap data cables round a
>generator
> > ;-)
> > >

> > > Mark Harrison
> > > Head of Systems, eKingfisher