RE: Action Pack

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Action Pack
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 16:16:28 +0100

> Perhaps my main crime, is posting details on the list for all and
> sundry....

There is no crime at all here Tim..

People just need to be aware that if they don't fulfill the requirements
for the licence, and buy it anyway, they are not legal.

My position with this is very much like my position with counterfeit
goods.. If you know what you are buying, and there is no "passing
off"
being done, then hey....

I have a really neat looking Tag Heur watch, which cost ?12. :) I know
it's fake, it was sold as such, no foul, no harm.

But if people thought they were getting legit software by this route,
they are not. It's the same as buying the student licence because you
attend the "university of life" or some such nonsense.

If people are happy to use this blag to get software, hey, it's a lot of
software for not a lot of cash, but don't think it's legal, because
unless you are an IT supplier (computer contractors *do* count btw) you
don't qualify, and the licence is worthless.

Ian.

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx