OT: Problems browsing shared drives with winXPpro

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: OT: Problems browsing shared drives with winXPpro
  • From: automated@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 07:39:20 -0000

Hi, can anyone offer any advice on this problem I'm having?

I installed winXPpro as a dual boot on one of my PCs yesterday. This
PC is a client on a win98 ICS network. I can surf the internet with
no problems and ping the win98 ICS server ok. If I go to PC's on my
workgroup, I see the win98 ICS PC listed...If I click on that, I see
it's shared drives and printer OK. But if i try to open the drives,
XP stops responding. If I kill the 'my computer' task, explorer
dies..If I start explorer as a new task, I can then browse the
network shares ok?!?! Once I restart XP though, browsing the drive
will lock up XP again as above.
I can browse the shared drives on the XP PC from the win98 pc without
any problems.

Anyone help??

Sorry if I am slow responding, I'm in work at the moment

thanks
Neil