Video Capture (Again!)

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Video Capture (Again!)
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 09:57:46 -0000

Hi All,

My turn to ask a Frequently Asked Question.

What is the best Capture card that I could get for a "reasonable"
price?

Requirements.

Can be either a Capture Only card or an All-In-One type graphics card.
Must be able to save files in a generic format eg Mpeg or AVI.
Must allow the files to be played on ANY other machine using Windows
Media Player.

Software.

Something like Showshifter would be nice although not essential as
recording would be a manual process. How well do the programs
supplied with ATI/Matrox/Haupaggue cards perform. ( I have an early
WinTV card and have never had too much luck with the software with
lockups and hanging being frequent )