RE: I said I wouldn't...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: I said I wouldn't...
  • From: "Dave McLaughlin" <dave@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 00:19:26 +0100

Hi Phil,

The interface to most LCD panels on laptops is actually quite simple with a
frame pulse, 18 or 24 bits of digital colour data (6 bits, red green and
blue for the 18 bit and 8 each for the 24 bit) a clock for each of the row
pixels and a pulse for each line.

Any of the single board computers with LCD drivers can be hooked up to
these
LCD's as long as you have the pinout for the LCD itself. I tend to stick to
NEC LCD panels and you can find these on eBay.

Which LCD make and part No. have you got Pedro? I might be able to help you
with this one.

The best thing is that you can run Windows on these boards and then run a
simple full screen programme to display your pictures or video. I have seen
video running on a 300Mhz NS Geode based board with smooth graphics.

Regards
Dave...