OT: WAP11 issues

  • To: "UKHA" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: OT: WAP11 issues
  • From: "Justin" <justin@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 19:31:16 +0100

I got my WAP11 from buy.com the other day but am having a few minor issues
and as I know a few guys on the list have or were getting one of these so I
wanted to see if any of you have had similar problems.

Firstly I have noticed that the green ACT light is constantly flashing even
when my wireless card is disconnected from my IPAQ/laptop etc. I have tried
different channels but this makes no difference. I don't remember this
happening before I updated the firmware to 1.4g.5

I cant access the unit using SNMP just get some error saying "Not an
authorized Community. Please check Community name"

How do I set WEP on my IPAQ? The Orinoco software wont let me put any keys
in! If I generate 128 bit keys they are too long, and if I do 64 bit keys
I'm told the hex key must be 10 characters long, but they are?

One final point, if I leave my IPAQ/laptop etc off for a few hours when I
reboot I am unable to connect to the wireless LAN without power cycling
down
the access point.

Apart from all that it's great. I was surfing from the end of the garden
yesterday. (I do have a very small garden though!)

Cheers,

Justin