Re: I said I wouldn't...

<< The beam of light to project a moving image is a very tight
focused
beam, passed through an LCD panel about an inch square to a very high
quality lens to focus on a screen. >>

Yup, understand that.

<< An overhead projector is a magnified view of a broad beam of light
that
is compressed by a lens, flipped, magnified in another lens then beamed
to the screen. >>

That too.

<< Overhead projector = £400 - LCD projector £1000 and upwards - CRT
projector = £4500 an upwards. Most of the cost is in the lens and to a
degree the electronics. >>

I understand that quality would be seriously lacking, but I can't afford
£1000 let alone £4500.  I can afford £200 for a cheap TFT screen and £50
for
a cheap OHP.  It'd be nice to have something 6 feet high rather than the
28"
screen I have at the moment.

<<Although similar in principal they are in fact very different
systems,
sorry if that's bad news but I would say that this would be nigh on
impossible to achieve.>>

Are you saying the principle is flawed or are you saying quality would be
bad?

Cheers for the feedback,

Andy