The Most Cabled House in Britian?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: The Most Cabled House in Britian?
  • From: "Tracey Gardner" <tracey.gardner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 15:48:49 +0100

Hi Andy

The simple answer to your question is no! :-)

I "discovered" HA well after I'd started building and
I've been too busy building the house to really formulate
any hard and fast plans.
However I've tried to ensure that I allow for maximum
flexibility so that I can decide exactly what to implement
at a later date.

I'm allowing for "plenty" of CAT5 to the corners of most rooms
plus CAT5 for IR control and temperature sensing.

All my mains circuits are run as radials in 4mm T & E back to
six strategically placed sub-consumer unit locations so that
I can use either Homevision controlled relays or X10 to control
them.

I'm about to install the coax networks for TV, Satellite and radio
and intend having three separate networks without any diplexers,
again to allow maximum flexibility.

In case I'm rambling, is there anything specific that you wanted
to know about my HA plans or my self build?

Tracey

tracey.gardner@xxxxxxx
Lincolnshire
U.K.