Re: CAT5 Cabling - Heeellpp

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: CAT5 Cabling - Heeellpp
  • From: paul.murgatroyd@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 23:19:44 -0000

It may also help to use 'proper' wiring conventions - off the top of
my head here are two:

Pin1 - White Orange
Pin2 - Orange
Pin3 - White Blue
Pin4 - Green
Pin5 - White Green
Pin6 - Blue
Pin7 - White Brown
Pin8 - Brown

Pin1 - White Orange
Pin2 - Orange
Pin3 - White Green
Pin4 - Blue
Pin5 - White Blue
Pin6 - Green
Pin7 - White Brown
Pin8 - Brown

It doesnt matter which you use, just make sure both ends are the
same :-)

P.

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Alancc" <alan.cc@n...> wrote:
> I would run a length of cable from one socket to the other then
use it and a
> meter to test each connection also between the cores for shorts.
>
> Alancc

lead
or can you