Re: [OT] ITV Digital - Switch Off in 6 Months?!

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [OT] ITV Digital - Switch Off in 6 Months?!
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 11:33:17 -0000

Some decent content would be in order.

None of the channels that I watch on a regular basis are on ITV
Digital. There are a couple that I watch fairly frequently that are
carried on ITV Digital but only at certain times.

ITV Digital are stuck between a rock and a hardplace because there
isnt enough available bandwidth for them to carry any more channels
and what bandwidth there is has already been restricted to such low
bitrates that errors cannot be handled without major glitching.

They are trying to compete with SKY which is impossible. SKY have so
much bandwidth available and if they run out at 28 degrees they can
pick another slot in the sky to have more satellites. UHF is severely
limited both in range and bandwidth although more bandwidth will be
available once all the analogue stuff is switched off in a few years
time.

ITV Digital should concentrate on Quality not Quantity.

Despite having far too many channels on SKY, most of the time I still
find it difficult to find anything other than mind numbing dross :-(

Keith

The-croft wrote:
> > If they are that worried about the lack of subscribers they
should
> > try increasing the coverage.
>
> Fewer channels and better quality (both of programming and signal)
are

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx