RE: OT: where to hire smoke generator

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: OT: where to hire smoke generator
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 17:14:21 +0100

Dry ice sounds like it will give the desired effect, but I am a little
concerned about the amount of ventilation required. I can certainly have a
couple of small windows and both doors open in the room that I want to have
the effect, but there are no large windows or doors to the outside that
could be left open. I'm not concerned about the handling of it, I did a
chemistry degree and we handled plenty of dry ice as well as stuff like
liquid nitrogen which is even more fun! But killing 20 six year olds is
probably not the best policy for the party (however tempting it might be!)
so I do need to be sure on the ventilation side. I would expect to only
turn
the unit on from time to time (possibly automated or at least on a remote
control) and there will be plenty of air circulation with kids running riot
through the whole of the ground floor (5 reasonably large rooms). What do
people think?

Regards

Graham

the floor.