Re: OT: where to hire smoke generator

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: OT: where to hire smoke generator
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 14:26:17 +0100

I have a smoke machine that you're welcome to borrow, but I think it might
not be quite what you're after by the sound of it. This produces smoke that
is lighter than air, and so fills a room entirely, from the top down. (ala
"pea souper"). I guess what you're after is a covering at ground
level only,
like on the old horror movies - I think dry ice is probably what you want
for that effect...

I believe dry ice can be bought in pellet form, which you just open and lob
on the floor, and they then evaporate over time. The mist which is produced
is heavier than air, and so will "fall" downwards and hug the
floor.

Paul G.