RE: Re: Starting a new flood wiring project

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Starting a new flood wiring project
  • From: "Brian G. Reynolds" <brian.g.reynolds@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 20:24:42 +0100

Not sure on your quantity of cabling but in my house wherever I run cables
always leave the pull through string BUT I also anchor it at either end to
make sure if the string disconnects from the cable being pulled through I
can always get the string back to the start.

I spent a day once with a cable guy and he had a coil of flat metal tape,
rather like a tape measure which had an eye at one end which he used to
push
through holes then pull back the wire which had been attached to the loop
with insulation tape, very useful bit of kit.

I have also found wire coat hangers cut good for poking through cavity
walls
etc. but do remember to remove the coat first!

B.