Re: IR Distribution

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: IR Distribution
  • From: "Chris Howard" <chris_howard@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 13:44:25 -0000

Nick,

I amusing the Xantech products to do pretty much what Ian Bird has
built.

There are a number of IR receiver products with different profiles /
size etc. available that connect to an amplifying block (normally 12v
powered) that then connect to emitters that you can stick to the
front of your AV equipment.

LetsAutomate have them on-line at

http://www.letsautomate.com/index.cfm?
cfid=503&cftoken=28386&Nav=IRAccessories&

Xantech recommend commoning up some of the pairs in the CAT5 to
provide inter-room transmission. If have the details if your
interested.

I know they are probably more expensive that a home brew solution but
they require no set up time and work straight out of the box.

Regards
Chris