RE: DDAR

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: DDAR
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 11:17:20 +0100

My DDAR's are getting their IP addresses from my router, despite the
autoconfiguration flag being set in the DDAR server software (in fact I may
try turning it off). When I was testing all the units here I did have a
problem with the router running out of IP addresses as every time I turned
unit on it got another address and after about 30 units I had gone past the
range on my router (despite each DDAR being turned off before the next was
turned on). I had to power cycle my router to continue with the testing.
You
obviously still have IP problems and I'm not quite sure what is doing your
DHCP, but if possible I would turn off everything. Then boot up whatever
serves DHCP, give the machine that hosts the DDAR server a new fixed IP
address (this will force the DDARs to re-initialise), turn on all equipment
apart form DDARs that has IP addresses and make sure that there is only one
device to DHCP on the network. In the DDAR server software delete any DDAR
icons. Turn on the first DDAR and see if it works, the initialisation
should
not take more than about 20 seconds. Once the first DDAR is working, leave
it turned on and turn on the second DDAR. You should then have everything
working OK and will be able to turn things on and off at will.

Regards

Graham

What