Re: OT: Web site speed

Mark,

Using a 2Mb link here the b+q site access seems to vary drastically.

Between 10sec and 90sec loading time on different configurations of
browser + machine.

The 90sec wait seemed like forever!! And this is my browser test machine.

I guess it will impact slower machines a lot because there are a
large number of small gif files to open up.

The 42 images have been optimised for size but the problem is the
number of them.

The main tip is make sure that your developers use a 75MHz (that's
seventy-five) machine for web site testing with a 56k
modem...seriously this is the only way to test commercial web sites.
Also use netscape and apple mac as well.
I bet they have 500MHz or faster pcs!!

Best regards,

Martin