RE: New PC Build (slightly OT)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: New PC Build (slightly OT)
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 22:21:23 +0100

RAID 0 has no redundancy and is simply striping ... however it ups the data
rate significantly and on Toms Hardware they had the data rate up at
75-72Mbytes/sec for any part of the disc surface accessed using four
drives.

The Adaptec (and Promise) cards do support higher RAID levels with the
Adaptec cards supporting on the fly rebuilding of swapped out drives (I
think the promise cards had to be taken off line to rebuild the drive
although they work continue working with a failed drive).

Phil