Re: WinTV-NOVA-T USB or PCI

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: WinTV-NOVA-T USB or PCI
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 11:55:49 -0000

Ian,

I have looked at the site and it states....

"The WinTV Nova-t PCI product is designed for receiving, decoding and
displaying Digital Terrestrial Free-to-air broadcasts on a standard
Personal Computer. The WinTV Nova-t PCI product can receive and show
digital TV. "

..... it makes NO mention of Terrestrial ANALOGUE TV. I would imagine
that the output from the Digital Broadcasts WOULD be stereo but the
absence of the word NICAM would seem to confirm lack of support for
Analogue broadcasts.

It would appear that this is purely a Digital TV card just as the SKY
Digibox is a purely Digital replacement for your old Analogue
Satellite system.

Whilst initially, the 13 free to air channels offer more choice than
an existing Analogue TV card would with the 4 (or 5 if you are lucky)
terrestrial channels that most people can receive, there is a SERIOUS
limitation. The lack of Analogue support means that any distributed
RF sources you have such as VCR/DVD/Satellite/CCTV/Homevision etc
will not be viewable using this device. The is also no AV input as
without Analogue support it isnt equiped to convert an AV input to
digital for viewing on the PC.

Of course.....I could be wrong.

HTH

Keith

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Ian B" <Ian@M...> wrote:
> I have mailed Hauppauge sales as I am not convinced. Other
Hauppauge PCI