Re: Re: Rio Receiver in the UK

Graham Howe wrote:

> Yes you can do it this way, but it seems a little clumsy to me,
anything
> that involves adding another (powered) box is in my view moving away
from
> true wireless. Also I believe that these boxes are quite pricey,
probably
> even more expensive than the receiver! Surely anyone can tolerate a
single
> wire from the receiver to the server, after all people are used to
having a
> wire to a television, a radio, a telephone etc etc. If you can go
wired here
> then that has to be the best way. Wireless is great for true wireless
> devices, in other words running on batteries.

The only wires to my TV, and radio in my room are the power ones, and
the phones only got a wire when its on the charger(only use a cellphone
here)

If I want a Rio or audiotron in the bedroom it either needs to be
wireless, or else I have to run a cat 5 up there thru several places
that are dark and small, hardly fun at all

I would rather see a USB port on the device so that either a homepna,
wireless, or powerline adaptor can be hung off it. And, as another bonus
could hook a palm etc to it and hotsync while nowhere near the PC. USB
cant be much to impliment on something like this since I can get a PCI
card with USB ports on it for near nothing.