RE: [ukha_d] WLAN stuff (again!) Extr ?15 off...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ukha_d] WLAN stuff (again!) Extr ?15 off...
  • From: "Ian B" <Ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 14:12:49 +0100

I use the Orinoco AP and cards. Range is good when the AP is correctly
situated (trial and error) and it works with the pods.

Most of my LAN is still CAT5 as it is all 100Mbit versus the 11Mbit best
from wireless. Others have tried other AP's but I think the Orinoco cards
have one of the best ranges. The Orinoco AP also has DHCP, NAT and a modem
all of which I use. Initial setup was annoying but fine once I read the
instructions (dohhh). My stuff came from www.un-wired.co.uk who were very
helpful.

Still running fine many months on.

Ian