Re: Halloween Sound with Comfort - been there, done it , may do it again:).

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Halloween Sound with Comfort - been there, done it , may do it again:).
  • From: andrew@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 08:06:59 -0000

(sad confession)
Graham, I did this last year on Halloweeen though mine was designed
to scare them off. I Placed a PC subwoofer system under the car in
the front drive linked to the start of 'thriller' (edited MP3 using
Cool Edit and Recorded onto CD. Mmains and phone cable running out
from the lounge window) cued up and on 'Pause'. When the doorphone
was pressed, IR(Play)was sent from Comfort output to the CD Player
which blasted the sounds in the drive way. (am I really admitting
this?)

But this year I could use the PC with Winamp direct commands using
Ace and Comfort. This would avoid the IR need. Put winamp on pause on
the correct track and setup Setup/Comfort/Actions to
send 'aces:waplay' when the doorbell is pressed. However this would
require a longer phone lead from the sound card to the speakers
outside(not impossible).

If you don't need the 'megawatts of power', you could just record the
reminder messages and trigger them through the doorphone using action
133. Maybe even record a few different ones and work out some toggle
arrangement using flags or counters to select a new one each time.
Could be a big response though.

Andy