Re: Re: Cheap whole house MP3 access

On Wednesday 03 October 2001 21:46 pm, Des Gibbons wrote:
> Is there a market for kbd+mouse over cat5 then?
>
> I would like to use an rf keyboard and mouse for tv-pc control, but
the
> distance for the RF is too large to get a signal back to node0.
>
> Is there anything available off the shelf, or would it be a candidate
for a
> UKHA project?

There is a product off the sheld, made by Belkin I beleive, lets you run
kbd,
mouse & monitor romote from the base unit over CAT5.

A friend of mine used them at his works after repeated thefts of desktops.
All the new machines were put in 1 room & used like that. They soon
resorted
to the old method when the machines crashed & they had to trapse the
whole
building to reboot them.

--

Stuart Grimshaw <stuart@xxxxxxx>