RE: Re: ISDN TA to HH Wallport

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: ISDN TA to HH Wallport
  • From: "Mark Harrison" <Mark.Harrison@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 16:59:28 +0100

Phil,

Mark's guide:

- Reserve the colour RED for cross-over cables (ie ones not
wired normally)

- Reserve the colour GREY for temporary (on the basis that you
always have temporary greys lying about)

- Pick your three main applications (probably Main network,
Voice, KAT5) and assign BLUE, GREEN, YELLOW

- Use BLACK for "weird stuff"

.... I would put Firewall DMZs and ISDN lines on black

(And this is important) Find a colour printer, and print out a one page
colour coding. Pin this up next to your patch panel.

Don't bother pinning up a patching allocation list next to the patch
panel - you won't bother updating it ;-)

Mark Harrison
Head of Systems, eKingfisher

****
Kingfisher plc
Registered Office: North West House, 119 Marylebone Road, London NW1 5PX
Registered in England, Number 1664812

This e-mail is only intended for the person(s) to whom it is addressed
and
may contain confidential information.  Unless stated to the contrary,
any
opinions or comments are personal to the writer and do not represent the
official view of the company.  If you have received this e-mail in
error,
please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this
message
from your system.  Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or
disclose its contents to any other person.  Thank you for your
co-operation.
****