Re: Our beloved leader...

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Our beloved leader...
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 20:50:04 +0100

>Mark's very quiet these last 20 hours - don't suppose that 'BT Anytime
WE
>Deign To Connect You' would have anything to do with it....?

It may very well have done...  I had the same letter at about the same day
(27th being the changeover day). Ever since I've had to change to the new
number, the access has been total and utter bollocks. - each connection
attempt typically takes between 6 - 10 dial attempts before it successfully
connects, and I constantly get disconnected after a few minutes, even when
do get in...

I've got so pissed off with it, that I've just phoned up AOL and signed up
with them... - I get 100 hours online totally free between now and Nov 1st,
and then unmetered for exactly the same as BT, i.e. £14.99/month. - the
person I spoke to also stated that they have NO 2-hour cut-off or any other
bollocks like that, suggested that I read the T&C's (which is more than
anyone else has ever done), and also seriously implied that they have no
qualms about being online all day long! (I can't remember her exact words,
and I'll wait and read the T&C's, but the conversation very definately
left
me with little doubt that what she was suggesting was that I won't have to
lay awake atnight worrying about how long I've been online that day...)

Fingers crossed....

Paul G.