RE: Best route for automatic control of a Swish K600 curtain control

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Best route for automatic control of a Swish K600 curtain control
  • From: "Mark Hetherington" <mark.egroups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 18:40:43 -0000

> I have K600(?) Swish timer units controlling my curtains (because I
> couldn't get K400 transformer only jobbies). Has anyone else modified
> these for hardwired remote control? There is an intriguing connector
> on the back of the unit (intended for IR and possibly also light
> sensor control) which looks like an easier route than relays across
> the front panel "open" and "close" buttons, but I
have no details of
> the pinouts. Advice please!

There is an IR Sensor which was an optional addon for the K600. This made
it
simple to interface to HA by say wiring an IR emitter back to HomeVision.
Discrete codes were supported so local control did not result in HA
reversing the current state. I have the discrete codes somewhere.

Getting hold of one is obviously a different matter since the range was
discontinued. I am not sure what the availability of the IR sensor was like
when list members were clearing the shelves but there might be some
knocking
around at the stores that were selling the Swish stuff off earlier this
year
or maybe someone picked up a spare or two they might be willing to part
with.

Mark.