homeseer

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: homeseer
  • From: "Andrew Woolass" <andrew@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 21:45:36 -0000

Hi

Have a look at Homeseer web site theres  a whole thread on this.

I run Homeseer on a P1 (one) 100 Mhz 48Mb PC that I built from bits.

It runs for weeks no problem, but usually gets rebooted once a month due to
me meddleling
with the power supply/shelves/network. The fact that it should be in the
cupboard with a UPS spoils the fun.
The longest its gone without me stopping it is around 5 weeks.
On the homeseer web site they go on about remote rebooting via allsorts of
methods. I have not yet found the need to investigate how. I think this is
because this pc is very lo spec and stable (which is one reason a homeseer
server upgrade is not on the jobcards)

The same PC will also run Musicmatch  whilst homeseer is active, which
means
I have access to my
file server (for MP3 files) = music in office :-) The minimum spec given
for
music match was 166Mhz(defiantly) 32Mb(i think)

The CD rom drive is shared on this PC and in it lives a Data CD which can
be
read from all other PC on Lan.

Performance is poor when it's trying to do all three, but that tends not to
happen

Hope this helps

Andrew

PS All operating systems are Win98