RE: NTL Distribution + Kat5

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: NTL Distribution + Kat5
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 21:01:55 -0000

Hi Dan,

As Ant and Des have said, KAT5 is designed for Baseband Audio and Video not
RF frequencies. The bandwidth of a Video signal is about 8MHz although the
bandwidth of a KAT5 units is much greater than this. RF for Satellite and
Cable extends upto 2GHz, this is way beyond the design capabilities of both
KAT5 and CAT5 Cable. CT100 (or CT125) coax is by far the best and cheapest
medium to carry this type of signal.

I am still refining the IR transmission but have succesfully used it on all
my AV Kit. I have an IRDA remote on its way to me for testing and am about
to order some IRDA bits to play with.

HTH

Keith