RE: OT : IDE Cards...

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: OT : IDE Cards...
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 17:28:26 +0000

>Well, if you find it and fancy flogging it on then let me know ... I
can
>always use them myself if I get him one first.

Well, I've a good idea which ROOM it's in!!

ISTR paying about £25 (ish?) - but no doubt it will be somewhat less than
that now! :-(  (I think the RAID version costs about that now, doesn't it?)
- whatever is the current list price is fine by me...

How quickly do you need it?.... (I could probably dig it out this weekend
if
need be...)

Also, how about a London mini-meet before Xmas chaps? - sometime in the
next
couple of weeks....

> > Also, has he already bought the CDRW? - there is an all-in-one
drive
> > available (CD/CDRW/DVDROM) which would reduce the IDE interface
> > requirement
> > by 1....
>
>Yeah ... I already sourced the CD Writer and have fitted it this
afternoon
>(I unhooked his DVD ROM drive temporarily). Thing is I do know about
the
>DVD
>combo drives but he had a strict budget of £100 ... I'll be covering
the
>IDE

Bummer!

Paul G