RE: NTL Distribution + Kat5

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: NTL Distribution + Kat5
  • From: "Des Gibbons" <des@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 16:12:06 -0000

> The incoming NTL feed is coax with f-connector (I think).  I
> currently have
> an NTL feed in the living room for TV and one in the garage for cable
> internet.  Does anyone know if these two feeds are the same thing
split in
> two?  I.e. can I split the NTL feed in the garage to do both internet
and
> TV?  This would make it easier to relocate the STB since the garage
> connection is much closer to the comms cabinet.

Yes, you just need a cable splitter, I am looking for one at the moment to
do exactly the same thing, just need the splitter box, havn't found a
friendly NTL installer since I have needed one. If anyone knows where to
get
one let me know :)

> Failing that - can I use Kat5 to take an NTL f-connect in, and then
> F-connect out at the comms end?

Nope.

> What about sending the NTL IR (my STB works with my pronto...)
> down the same
> piece of cat5 as well (not sure of Keith's progress with this yet :)

The IR would work fine.

> Could the two kat5 modules at both ends be combined into a single
> in and out
> unit at each end :) ?

Its good, but it's not that good ;)

Des