RE: Oil watchman

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Oil watchman
  • From: "K. C. Li" <li@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 14:31:12 +0000 (GMT)

I have just spoken to the Sales Manager, Jim Clark, of Sensor Systems. The
Fluid Watchman is apparently available now. He couldn't tell me the price
of one as it apparently depends on the size and shape of the tank.

We have also discussed the possibility of interfacing the product to other
systems. He appeared to be very negative about the suggestion. He said
that they can interface the product to computers if they wish and already
have a optional product, the auto-dialer, for external interfacing. He
said that they don't want to know about any other interfacing
possibilities at the moment.

I have a feeling that they have arrangements with various oil suppliers
for programming their telephone numbers into the auto-dialer for captive
customers and don't want anything that might interfere with that cosy
arrangement.

I am still trying to obtain a Fluid Watchman to explore.

Regards,

Kwong Li
li@xxxxxxx
Laser Business Systems Ltd.