RE: Oil watchman

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Oil watchman
  • From: "James Hoye" <james.hoye@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 12:14:23 -0000

> According to the company person that I spoke to, they are not planning
on
> providing any interfacing capabilities and I quote "the cost
would be too
> high to rework the electronics". They do have an automatic
dialling add-on
> to call a preprogrammed telephone number and announces the oil level.
>
> Apparently, the Oil Watchman is only for monitoring oil level but they
are
> bringing out a Fluid Watchman which monitors almost all fluids (except
> petrol due to certification difficulties).

A long shot - I knew someone who was looking at developing and patenting
some fluid level monitoring invention many years ago.  I'll try and dig out
an email address and see what, if any, progress he ever made.  Perhaps (and
that is a big perhaps) he would consider licensing the technology to
someone
like Li to enhance it further... Perhaps it already has suitable
interfacing... I'll try and find out some information is anyone is
interested.

James H